Thursday, 28 August 2008

Naughty but Nice - another Altered Book

I'm off again - altering another book! I'm inspired by lots of blogs I visit (aren't we all!) and for more than a year now have been drooling over Debbi's artwork. So when a friend offered me this little book, which has LOVE embossed on the front in gold lettering and is covered with red suede, I just couldn't resist having a go. Again, I evenly tore out some of the pages and stuck others together. Sealed the pages with gesso and gave them all a yellow wash with dye. Debbi gave me this link to find some suitable pictures http://www.tallulahs.com/ and I was away. This is the first spread ......
and this is the second spread, and I have six more to go. The book is only 4"x5" so it doesn't take forever to complete a spread.
I'm off to start another one ......

11 comments:

Alis said...

Oh I do love your work so very much Val. These pages are especially rich looking. I bet they are very touchable too.

Maureen said...

this is going to be a beautiful book !!!

sharon young said...

What a wonderful start, Val, you really are a natural at this aren't you :-) 4"x5'' sounds a great size to start off with and thanks for the tallulas link looks very interesting, will have to make a return visit there.

quiltchick said...

Val where do you get the time!!
Really beautiful words and imagery.

Doreen G said...

Fantastic Val can't wait to see more.

Sandy said...

It's lovely. I bookmarked the image site.

maggi said...

This looks great Val. What you have done so far fits so well with the cover. You are very talented

Debbi Baker said...

Looking wonderful Val!! Love the fans on the second spread!

Papoosue said...

I LOVE these pages, very creative, beautiful colours and textures. Just lovely. xxx

Purple Missus said...

Another fabulous book Val. Well chosen photos too.

English Rose said...

love the book Val, you are obviously having great fun with it. tried to go to the tallulah link, but kuwait has blocked it - naked women will do that every time!! sigh!