Tuesday 8 May 2007

Challenge 2 The Spring of Creativity




It is raining this morning, so I am studying! I am devouring the second chapter of Betsy Dillard Stroud's book, in an endeavour to find inspiration for my interpretation of Sue B's second challenge. The challenge relates to flowers, so I popped out, in between the showers, to take a few pix of the flowers in my garden. I have been mulling over how I will piece the background of green fabrics and what method I will use to apply the flower, and of course the overall design. Then it occurred to me I could use dried flowers that I pressed last year! This would be a totally different piece - what sort of background for those. I usually work with fabrics, but I might have a go at mixing medias a bit..... I'm off to play -

2 comments:

Carol said...

Have you seen what Sue Bleweiss has done with dried flowers and leaf skelitons and misty fuse on her blog??? That might be a nice thing to do? Hope your well Val, blogging like a pro!

Doreen G said...

I like you photo's val and you have given me an idea for my challenge 2 piece now -well sort of anyway.