Anyway, I attended Clair's Workshop the following day to learn the technique.
This is the beginning. Five petals worked free stitching into water soluble film, then wires placed down the middle of each leaf and stitched down, then decoration if required. I did three extra different leaves to use up the space (!) and the 'T' bar is for the construction of the flower.
All the petals are now rinsed out and dried. Clair showed us how to wire and bead the stamens, and make the feathery bits - amazing!
These are the rogue leaves I made - each one different - the middle one has some silk stitched into it.