Firstly, I drew the picture in pencil, then outlined the drawing in sepia pigma pen, and rubbed out the pencil
I then stippled the background using acrylic paints. On reflection I should have masked the toadstool shapes and stippled them afterward - thus avoiding that ragged edge you can see!
I've now added water colour, painting the toadstools and covering the green area with some of the watercolour to fill in all the white bits (except of course for the fairy slippers!)
Now I added the gouache paint, hopefully rescuing that edge on the toastools. It is better than it was, but next time I will think about masking! Watercolour is transparent but gouache is not, so the majority of the paint under the toadstools is gouache. I painted the fairy slippers last - made out of holly leaves with a berry bobble of course!
Finally I used the pigma pen to outline the original drawing again, as most of it had almost disappeared under the paint. I might try to add some 'frost' to the leaves under the toadstools, when I've had a bit of practice!!
Till next time ..........