Sunday 28 March 2010

Before and After ....

Finished at last .....
Just to recap, this is a picture of the silk painting I did at the end of January, in a Workshop with Barbara Weeks.
Here it is finished. I must admit the pictures don't look that different, but if you click on them you can see the extra stitching of the trees, two colours , and all the stitching and blending in the 'reflections'. I've even hand quilted around the moon! It is 14" x 21" finished.

Here are the other two pieces for the Kindred Spirits Calendar 2011. This one if February...


and this one is June. Very painterly aren't they - must be all this watercolouring I've been doing lately!
Am just putting the finishing touches to my pieces for our next Exhibition at Okehampton Museum at the end of April (mounting them on frames actually!) There is a great Preview in the newest edition of Popular Patchwork, under 'Out and About', that Vinnie arranged.

12 comments:

Mandi said...

So glad I got to see them in the flesh, they are beautiful Val :)

Maggi said...

The hand stitching on the silk piece adds such depth. You must be really pleased with it. I saw the Preview in PP an loved your pieces, in fact as before, all the work is lovely.
Will you be selling your calendar?

Doreen G said...

Fabulous work Val.

Heather said...

These are all beautiful Val - I love all three. You really know how to capture light and shade.

Sandy said...

WOW! Even reflections of the trees.

Julie said...

Beautiful work Val!

Jackie said...

Thats a gorgeous silk painting with or without stitches,

Pat said...

Arunning Val,

Margaret Hall said...

Simply wonderful to come here and see what a REAL artist is like...I feel pretty "lame" at my artistic talents..
I love the reflection of the trees. Great beauty~!

Judy Rys said...

I like the movement that the stitching adds. Very nice job.

sharon young said...

What a beautiful quilt, Val, and you can certainly see the difference it makes putting in the extra stitching, Gives it that bit of depth and definition.
Your calendar pieces are wonderful too, is it to be a printed calendar?

Odile said...

Wonderfull work. The reflections of the trees are very beautifull. I like this quilt.