Tuesday 13 July 2010

Swaps for June ...

This ATC is called 'Pink Wisteria' and was made for me by a very talented lady in Ontario called Susan Cuss. Her blogging name is Suztats (cos she does tatting I assume!) and she can be found here. The pic is slightly bigger that real life, so you can imagine the intricate detail - Suz says it was worked with size 40 Yarnplayer's hand-dyed thread in the colour 'peace'. Thanks again Suz - I love it.


This ATC was made for me by me friend Alis - who can be found here. We made dolls together recently, with fabric we had constructed, and this is a piece oeft over from Alis' doll. She calls it Devon Violets - which I think is extremely appropriate. Thankyou again Alis - it is just beautiful.


This one was made for me by Sandy as part of the swap we had at Unlimited Textiles last month using the theme Orange, Purple and any other colour ......


this one was made by Alis.........


and these are the two I made for Sandy and Alis, adding pink!



The Quiltie exchange for June was Here comes Summer, and this gorgeous Sunflower was a gift from Pam in Port Talbot, Wales. The petals are one piece of fabric, but the way she has stitched it, it really looks as if each one is appliqued.


and this is the Quiltie I made for June in Coventry.
I really must get cracking on the Unlimited Textile swap for July
Till next time then ..........

10 comments:

Ati said...

Very nice pieces of work. I special like the wisteria.

Heather said...

Gorgeous ATCs Val and I love your quiltie. So much detail and work in each piece - they are all little works of art.

Carol Q said...

wonderful artwork. I'm so impressed with the tatting. I failed miserably when I tried LOL

Suztats said...

Oh, Val, thank you for those kind words! I love the other ATC's you've received--such a variety! Lucky you!
May you have a wonderful day!
Suz

Maggi said...

They are all such beautiful pieces Val.

~*~Patty S said...

So much eye candy and inspiration visiting your blog Val!
WOW is all I can say about all of this colorful creativity!
oxo

Duendes said...

Wow so beutiful!!!!
Big hugs

sharon young said...

Lovely inspiring post, what great ATC's, love your poem, so........ summer, it made me want to do all those things right now.

Alis Clair said...

That wisteria is gorgeous!
I love the quiltie you made for June, great poem.
xx

Shane Pollard said...

WOW - what lovely swaps Val.
You must have quite a collection of ATC's now.
So much talent - great to see!
I loved your journal and finally today I left some comments - better late than ever!
I've been sick and I'm only just getting into my journal.
Shane