Inspired by Christi Beckmann's article in the Quilting Arts Magazine Issue 50, I decided to have a go at making a Flower Cloth. I already have quite a few pieces of dyed (in a coffee jar) fabric, so I decided on a brightly coloured piece, then stamped it, stencilled and sprayed it, drew on it etc., sandwiched it up and started to stitch it. I've done some more work on it since I took this picture.
So far I have only quilted the top third, but it is coming along nicely, so I thought I'd share it with you. The piece is approximately 15" x 33" and below are some closeups of the finished bits, so far.
Lots more to do, but I am rather enjoying the process, and will keep you posted as I progress.
Till next time .........