Friday 24 June 2011

My Flower Cloth is finished (I think!)

Well, that's weird.  In the photo album this picture is the right way up.  Why Blogger transferred it sideways, I've no idea.  Sorry about that - but this is the finished piece - stitchwise anyway.  I may add some more paint - haven't really made up my mind.

A few closeups of the lower half - you've already seen the top half.  A path I mentioned .....
These seem a bit lighter than the real thing - maybe it was because the 'flash' was on my camera!  The sideways picture of the whole piece is more like the real colour.
The only blue bit ...........
I loved the way this red/pink went acros the piece of dyed cloth so I just stitched 'grasses' into it .....
 I just had to have a blackbird in it somewhere, didn't I.  He visits us every minute of the day for some currants.  He is feeding the family at the moment, and is looking very bedraggled.
It was great fun, and I really enjoyed working on it.

I've also been playing with Photoshop Elements, and having a go at turning some of the closeup pix of flowers into water colours.  This is the Iris ....
 An Aguilegia .....
and a Poppy seed head.   Some photos work better than others.
 This, as you can see, is a picture of Hollocombe Water (turned into a water colour) which is just down the lane, at the bottom of course!
Talking of water, this is not a water colour, but a cropped picture of just the reflection in the water, of a picture taken at the same time as the one above.   With all those lovely ripples and strange shapes, it makes a beautiful abstract, don't you think?
Till next time .....

5 comments:

Maggi said...

A great piece Val. You just have to sit with it for a while to decide whether it wants anything else. I think it looks beautiful anyway, whatever you decide. Love the photos, particularly the reflections, I could definitely stitch that one!

Suztats said...

I love the flower cloth, Val, so much texture and color! Your pics are always interesting!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh, I simply lost my breath when I saw this work Val. So beautiful...It just brightens me up to study it. Julie C

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sideways photo or not, it's beautiful! The colours are extraordinary and I really love the path - it would be fun to see where it leads to. Lovely!

Jenni said...

Val, your stitched work is absolutely wonderful. Such gorgeous colors and intricate stitching. Your love and knowledgeof flowers and garden is so evident in this.
Jenni