Monday 20 April 2009

April swaps

Unlimied Textiles theme for this month's 5" quiltie swap was Kandinsky the Artist. I looked him up on the internet and came up with this inspiration... I decided on hand dyed fabrics, little paint and some organza....
This is what I did - no intention of stealing copyright of course - and it is now with Ati in Norway.
Calendar Girls inspiration this month comes from Susan, and funny enough my card is for Susan.

Again I used hand dyed fabric for the background, and attached a small piece of 'bark' I had made, which uses crinkled paper, brown paper, chiffon and rust dyed fabric. I then free stitched, and added some dyed kozo and silk leaves.


Click on the logo at the side of my blog to see the other postcards the Calendar Girls have made so far this month. There are also links there to all their blogs.



4 comments:

Mandi said...

Love what you've done with the Calandar Girls pc Val.

Also like the Kandinsky piece, he's one of my favourite artists.

Heather said...

Your Kandinsky quiltie and the September postcard are both superb. You must be very pleased with them.

Maggi said...

The postcard and the quiltie are both lovely as usual.

Alis Clair said...

Great pieces, both of them, Val.
I love your interpretations.