Saturday 12 February 2011

Come February - Snowdrops abound ...

Even though I live in Devon, we are situated 500ft. above sea level, and the farmer next door tells us we are three weeks behind the general growing and flowering seasons!
I have to wait a little bit longer for nature to do her bit, but when it happens it is just magic!
Up come these wonderful white jewels among all the winter ditritus to lift the spirits .....
I've been trying to get some pix from different angles ....

and some closeups to maybe enhance a bit in Photoshop Elements.


The daffs are following behind - won't be long now .....


a cyclamen has crept in here .....


soooooooo pretty ......

even against the light they create a lovely silouette ...



and what a colour scheme ...
in the shade ..

Oooops! how did that get there - promises of things to come ....
Till next time ...


5 comments:

Heather said...

Your snowdrops photos are wonderful Val - plenty of inspiration for Photoshop. It's a lovely time of year with so much to look forward to. You are not so far behind us here in Gloucestershire. Our hellebores are only just coming out and daffs are still in tight bud.

Suztats said...

Great pics, Val! It's nice to see evidence of spring happening somewhere........my daffs are still under two feet of snow! Hoping the mild weather projected really arrives.

Maggi said...

I am so envious, every time I plant snowdrops something seems to come along and steals them and they are so beautiful.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I awoke this morning to a snowstorm - couldn't even see the end of our driveway. I guess that means our snowdrops will have to wait at least another month before they show themselves.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh my goodness Val these are simply scrumptously lovely! I think you live in a truly magical place!