Thursday 17 November 2011

Foraging for Fungus ......

Actually, to be honest, I was foraging for Fairies ........
but looking at the texture on these Honey Fungus (which is what I think it is) no wonder there were no fairies around.  It looks so spikey and rough, but really amazing.  The patterns are truly so inspiring!
Further along the lane I found these - much smoother, but still no sign of any fairy .....
wonderful Autumn colours though.  Even these round smooth ones were fairyless!
 I reckon they must have heard me approaching .......
and just took off.  I felt quite bereft, so decided I draw one .......
There you go - I just knew they were there really.  I'm off to add some paint.
Till next time ......

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love fungi and the idea of foraging for edible ones but am too nervous of picking the wrong ones.
They have such lovely shapes and textures. Your drawing is beautiful and I look forward to seeing it when you have added more colour.

Heather said...

I've just read the lovely comment you left on my blog - thankyou.
There is an exhibition in September next year and I think I will put the framed pieces in. We usually try to enter 3 or 4 pieces of work each. I keep hoping to come up with some new ideas but tend to fall back on the tried and tested ones!

Doreen G said...

You are a treasure Val and I actually believed you would find a fairy.

Suztats said...

Love the fairy, Val. I thought the fairies could only be found inside a fairy ring. (circle of fungi)but maybe they've led me astray.

sharon young said...

Lovely pics of fungi, my other half and i have just spent a happy five minutes IDing the top ones, shaggy scaly cap, and although once thought to be edible tasting like radishes they are now thought to be poisonous.
Super pic of your fairy.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'll bet the fairies were playing hide and seek games with you! Did you hear them giggling?