Further to my last post, I've been working on this drawing I did, using a photograph of some toadstools I took for the background. First of all I used a sepia pen to go over the drawing lines, then rubbed them out (very gently!)
I then added colours to various parts, using water soluble wax crayons mostly, then started to put the details in, plus some shadows. The fairy is only very lightly coloured (nowhere near finished). I am concentrating on the leaves mostly at the moment, and haven't quite decided about the background at the top. Lots to do still, but I think it's coming on.
It's great for me to compare the pictures of the process, if only I could remember to do more scans as I went along!
Bye for now .....