This is a piece of red dyed scrim with lots of different colour wool tops pulled out very thinly and laid on the scrim in layers (first layer going one way second layer going t'other, so to speak - four layers I think) I then embellished it from the front and then the back. This piece is wool tops laid on an undyed piece of scrim and embellished front and back, then overlaid with a lemon coloured chiffon and embellished again, then zapped with a heat gun. I did get a bit carried away - hence the nice pale brown colour in places - just as well you can't smell it!
Below is my completed Challenge piece ...........
The samples I used for this was the background of torn strips of silk, having zapped it first with a heatgun. This released a lot more of the colours through the green chiffon. For the flowers I used the sample of silk and scrim scraps (no chiffon) and of course Dale's pattern. Once cut out, I embellished each flower from the back to give it a red centre, and then decorated each centre with 'metallic' bits from recycled necklaces. I was surprised how the red felt background gives the flowers that red edge - and are very dimentional.
I have really enjoyed the week and look forward to Lesson 2 - thanks Dale.