Saturday 28 March 2009

Recent Swaps

The Calendar Girls 2009 swap for this month. The inspiration was provided by Carol Taylor for this month (see below)
This is my interpretation of Carol's picture, that I made for Doreen in Australia. The background is green velvet, and there are various pieces of net, chiffon, cotton and slivers of velvet, which I manipulated with difficulty into various shapes, using free stitching. Doreen was delighted.

This is Jenny's interpretation of the same picture, using her embellisher. She has felted chiffon, silk and wool into felt to create a beautiful postcard for me. Thanks again Jenny - I love it.
You can see all the other cards the ladies have made and swapped this month, using the same inspiration, by clicking on the Calendar Girls 2009 Logo on the right of my Blog. There are also links there to all their Blogs.


3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Doreen was more than delighted -she was over the moon.

Heather said...

I love these two interpretations of the Earth from the Air. I also love the quilties on your earlier post - your tyvek stained glass is a brilliant idea. I'm just going to see what the other Calendar Girls have been up to.

Mandi said...

Fab interpretations Val. This is one of my favourite books and sits on the coffee table so I can flick through it whenever I want.