Monday 18 June 2007

My 'Heartfelt' Round Robin

A Round Robin has recently been completed in a local Quilting Group (Upcott Valley Quilters) to which I belong, and these are the pieces I received, after seven months of anticipation. I was delighted with all the little hearts. I had originally said I would like to make a little book of heart felt sayings, and prepared about a dozen backgrounds from one piece of fabric, for the ladies each to stitch a heart onto, representing a saying.

The seven pieces shown are what I received. I added one more, and then made the accordion-style book, inspired very much by Beryl Taylor and her article in the Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine May/June 2007 Issue.

The pictures of the finished book show each side, and what I did to finish off each piece.

I've also used a lot of hand stitching on the pages, and felt beads to top them off.







7 comments:

Doreen G said...

Val that is incredible and you have finished it off brilliantly.

Purple Missus said...

This is stunning Val. It really shows the cards off much better like this. Well done.
P.S. I do like your header too.

Alis Clair said...

That is a brilliant way to show off such lovely cards Val.
Gorgeous.

Carol said...

This is just gorgeous Val. I love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!

dot said...

Hi Val
What a lovely way to use the blocks, it shows them off beautifully. Did you use handmade paper as the base of your screens?

Val said...

Hi Dot
Actually I used an old linen sheet (well an 8" strip) for the pages, then painted them with emulsion paint before adding some colour. That is probably why they look like paper.